Friday, 4 April 2014

Water, water, everywhere...

L'Oréal Paris: £3.33 (normally £4.99)
B. Pure: £2.47 (normally £4.99)
Bioderma: £9.99

Hiya...

I thought I would share with you my reflections on a couple of different micellar waters.  Micellar waters have become the thaaang for taken your make-up off.  They seem to be used by everybody and I fell for the hype of them circulating blogosphere.  I'm not 100% what micellar water is but they remove make-up very gently with minimal effort.  

I started using Bioderma a while ago.  I have super sensitive skin that is very dry.  I found that this product not only removed my make-up super easily (it literally feels as though I am using water) but did not cause any problems and I feel it helps neutralise and hydrate my skin after a long day.  The only downside is Bioderma is not available to buy in any bloody shop in this country which means I have to order from the Escentual's website.  This is just a nuisance as I don't always have the foresight to order it before I run out.  Because of this I decided to hunt for a micellar water that was easier to get hold of.

I picked up this one from Superdrug's brand B.  It was half price so I picked it up on a whim to give it a try.  I can't say I've been too much of a fan of this.  It works fine to remove the make-up from my face, not quite as efficient as Bioderma, but pretty good.  But for some reason this one stings my eyes, like I said I'm quite sensitive but this really puts me off using it.

Next up I decided to try what L'Oréal had to offer.  I like the formula of this one, it does the job; removes my make-up with no irritation.  It doesn't feel quite as nice as Bioderma, I'm not sure why, but it is pretty close.  The only thing is... I hate the packaging.  I really liked how it looked in the shop but when using it the water just pisses out of the bottle and I find it really hard to control how much product I want to use so I always end up using too much.  I would really like to try Garnier's offering, and Boots are a third off skincare products atm.. So you can get both the L'Oréal and Garnier one a bit cheaper.

For the time being I am going to stick to Bioderma, I can't fault it.  The price tag is a bit much in comparison to the others but the last time I ordered it was buy one get one free so it is worth keeping your eyes peeled for offers from Escentual's.  Other than that, BOOTS OR SUPERDRUG PLEASE START STOCKING IT!! thank you, please.

What do you think of micellar waters, what's your favourite?  Any recommendations?




1 comment :

  1. Hi dear, I bought the L'oréal one, I hate the packaging too! But the product is super ok for me!
    kisses
    Marghe

    ReplyDelete