Tuesday, 8 April 2014

Spring Favourites...


Hey..

So it would appear that Spring has most definitely sprung.  The weather has been absolutely beautiful recently so I feel it is time to put the winter colours away and bring out the spring colours.  For me spring is all about pinks, pastels and highlighting.  The above products are my current favourite drug store offers for perking up for spring.

Revlon Color Burst Matte Balm in Elusive: Every blogger and their dog has raved about Revlon's matte balms and I am no different.  I absolutely love these; the texture, the colour pay off and the range of colours are all great! Elusive is my personal favourite, it is a lovely blue toned light pink that is not only perfect for a spring day but also for an understated lip.

Revlon Colorstay Ultimate Suede Lipstick in Womenswear: Revlon in general are one of my favourite brands for lipstick.  They seem to just not only release great lip products but also a great range of colour.  This light dusty pink colour is absolutely lovely.  One sweep and you get a nice wash of sheer colour but it is build-able to get more of an opaque colour.  Just don't build too much as it can start to feel quite sticky.

Revlon Highlighting Palette in Rose Glow: I got this quite a while ago now and use it all the time.  I love the dusty pink colour of it and personally use it as a glittery blush rather than a highlighter as the colour is really build-able and so lovely.  If glittery blush is a bit daunting it is a beautiful highlighter to just sweep across your cheekbones.

Rimmel 60 Seconds Rita Ora Nail Polish in Breakfast in Bed: I was so on the fence about this collaboration.  First of all I don't particularly like celebrity make-up collabs. Secondly, I don't particularly like Rita Ora (I don't why??).  However the pastel colours they've offered are so lovely, I couldn't resist.  I'm yet to use this colour but it looked so nice in the bottle I couldn't not include it.  Pale blue is such a perfect colour for spring.

Rimmel 60 Seconds Rita Ora Nail Polish in Pillow Talk: I love pale green nail polish and I absolutely love this colour.  It is soo perfect for spring and summer.  The formula is lovely and it dries so quickly.  I'm currently rocking this out on my tootsies.

No7 Peony Petals Blush Palette: I have been lusting after a lilac blush for ages now and No7 have offered the perfect one.  This is a gorgeous lilac blush with shimmer pink and gold flowers.  The blend of the three makes a lovely lilac-y/pink blush with a shimmer. It is such a lovely colour that really compliments my (pale) skin tone and is so refreshing for spring.

No7 Instant Radiance Highlighter: This product has been hyped over quite a bit.  And believe me it is worth the hype.  This creamy highlighter blends beautifully into the skin creating a lovely, healthy highlighted complexion. 

SEVENTEEN Skin Wow Primer: This primer is so lovely not only to brighten the skin before you put foundation on but also works beautifully as a highlighter.  Blended into cheekbones and brow bone it really adds a lovely pearlescent glow.

Maybelline EyeStudio Color Tattoo 24hr Cream Gel Eyeshadow in Rose Gold: This is my newest, favouritist eye shadow.  The colour is a lovely creamy shimmery pink which is really build-able and blend-able.  I love using this as a base with some light brown shadows for a light, natural looking eye which is really nice for spring.  

Phew, that was a post and a half and there are easily more products I could talk about.  I'm thinking of doing Spring hair and perfume choices as well. As all these things change over but I did think it would all be a bit much in the same post. 

Let me know if any of these are your current spring favourites? What other products are you loving for spring?


2 comments :

  1. I am in love with that petals blush, looks amazing x
    http://whattaylorbuys.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is such a beautiful colour as well. x

      Delete