Happy New Year 2013!
I know it's a few days late but from Christmas until now I've taken a bit of a break from blogging and (if it wasn't for work, damn retail) life in general. It has been lovely. I'm now back at uni ready from term to start on Monday.
I thought, maybe over a couple of posts, I would share my favourite products of 2012.
Here are my 5 favourite make-up products of 2012. Each of these products I discovered in 2012 but use them everyday if not regularly. Which just goes to show that sometimes even the most cemented make-up routine can be shaken up.
1. Yves Saint Laurent Le Teint Touche Éclat Foundation I love this! This foundation has a lovely light coverage and really leaves my skin looking luminous and flawless. I have this in colour BR10 which suits my skin tone perfectly but there are 22 colours to choose from so I'm sure you'll find one to suit. I'd highly advise you give this a try. Best of all YSL are quite liberal with their samples of this so you can go to them and ask to try it out.
2. Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer I don't use concealer all the time. But when I do it's because I really need it which means I need a good one that works. This product is hyped all over blogosphere but with good reason, it is bloody good. It has fantastic coverage and will cover those unsightly blemishes and under-eye circles in a flash. It is also delightfully cheap. I have this in shade Fair but it is also available in 3 other colours.
3. Brow Zings This has completely changed how my eyebrows look, for the better. I have used this everyday since I got it and cannot imagine ever using another product. This set comes with a pigmented wax for shaping your brows and a powder for setting. I love this as it defines and shapes my brows but they still look natural. No other brow product I have compares to this. I have this in colour Medium but there are 2 other colours for you to choose from to suit your skin and hair colour.
4. Lily Cole Lip & Cheek Dome Why oh why was this product limited edition and why didn't I stock up?! This was part of the Lily Cole collection for Body Shop earlier this year and is no longer available to buy. I know it says lip and cheek but I only use it on my cheeks. I use a brush to help build up a natural flush of colour. This has fast become my favourite blusher and I wear it pretty much everyday. Which means it's running out fast. Thankfully I have seen a few sellers on eBay that have it so I think I will stock up on there. I have this in colour Pinch Me Pink but it was also available in Crazy For Coral (which I have seen on eBay too).
5. Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Lip Balm Stain I love these. Such an easy product to use with a lovely colour pay off. (Full review here) The one pictured, Darling, is the one I've used the most, it's a nice day time colour. There are 7 colours to choose from so if you don't have one I suggest you go out and give them a go.
So there you go, my favourite products. Are any of these your favourite products too or have you been inspired to give any of them a go? What were your favourite products of 2012?
I'm thinking of doing a favourite nail products of 2012 next... See you next time.