Wednesday, 14 November 2012

Teeny Weeny Haul...

Hiya, 

This is the teeniest haul post.  But I picked up a couple of bits today that I thought I would share with you.  At the mo' Boots  is doing a buy one get the other half price deal. Which is super, I have picked up quite a few new bits during this deal.  Today I popped in to get one of the Revlon Just Bitten lip stains and for my half price item I thought I would try something new.  So I picked up Collection Illuminating Touch Concealer.


Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Lip Balm Stain & Collection Illuminating Touch Concealer

For Autumn/Winter I have really been enjoying a darker lip.  However, I always feel conspicuous when I wear a lipstick during the day.  I have been absolutely loving Revlon's Just Bitten Lip Balm Stain's and decided for a dark lip that I could wear in the day this was the place to go.  Because they are a lip stain they aren't as heavy as a lipstick which means you get a nice burst of colour which is more daytime appropriate. (For my full review of them go here.)  I picked mine up in colour 005 Crush, which is a dark pinky plum, perfect for A/W.

Sorry for the awful lighting.

Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Lip Balm Stain £7.99

I love this colour and can see myself using this alot over the winter as the formula isn't as drying on my lips as lipstick.  Unfortunately, my awful lighting doesn't do it any justice, I suggest you go and swatch it yourself.

Sorry, bad lighting & little piggy nose.

The other product I got was Collection 2000 Illuminating Touch Concealer in colour Naked 1.
I don't use concealer often but feel I have had such a lack of sleep lately that I really need it.  With this in mind I thought I would try a new one today.  I spied with my eye this little beauty.  With the packaging and description very reminiscent of YSL's Touche Eclat I thought I would see how it fared in comparison to it.

Collection 2000 Illuminating Touch Concealer £4.99

Of course it comes nowhere near the brilliance of Touche Eclat but it is a pretty good concealer.  It has a much thicker consistency than Touche Eclat but this gives it a good coverage and it has a lovely finish.  I think this will help cover those nasty under eye circles for the time being.  This plus side is I got this product for a measly £2.50 thanks to Boots' deal, which is always a plus.

Bloody awful lighting.

Have any of you tried these products? Do you like them?



2 comments :

  1. I love the Balm Stains, they're just perfect for daytime, aren't they.Plus, you don't need to be half as careful when applying them. I haven't tried this colour yet but I want to pick it up for the festive period!
    I've been suffering from the dreaded dark cicles for a few months now and am keen to find something to hide them, as none of the treatments or concealers I've tried so far seem to have had any effect. Will have to try this one, since it's so affordable -anything is worth a go, haha.
    Mel x

    melswallofmirrors.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I love them. Plus the lazy girl in me loves the lack of effort I have to put in when applying them.

      Same, most of the time when it's cheap I'll try it.

      :) x

      Delete