Friday, 16 November 2012

GlossyBox: November 2012 (plus Sep & Oct)




Hiya!

This months GlossyBox follows the theme of stocking fillers. The idea being that all the products would make perfect stocking fillers for friends, family and yourself.

Ayuri Sandlewood Face Cream:  I really like the smell of this product plus we've been gifted with the full size product which is huge so I'm pretty pleased.  This product feels very nice on the skin & has some fantastic ingredients.  And it really does smell good... it has got patchouli in it which I love.  I don't think I'll use it on my face as I have quite sensitive skin (my face doesn't like change) but it is making a lovely hand cream!

Alison Claire Natural Beauty Mango Body Butter: I love body butters & I think I'm going to have to add this to my collection.  It smells amazing (I know it's called mango but it kind of smells like fudge but not in a sickly way), feels really good on the skin & is made with mainly natural and organic products for people with sensitive skin in mind.  I will be getting the full size of this one when my sample runs out.

Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant: This is an intriguing product that I actually haven't had the chance to try yet.  It is a face exfoliator that comes in powder form and activates upon contact with water.  I have read some pretty good things about this so I'm looking forward to trying it.  I've had a reaction to a product on my face so I'm refraining from trying anything new until my skins better again.

Burberry Body EDP: I'm always a bit hit and miss with perfume samples, mainly because I'm so fussy.  This one I actually like.  I'm awful at describing perfume so this is the description by Burberry: "The scent opens with top notes of fresh green absinthe, illuminating peach and delicate freesia; at its heart are floral notes of natural rose absolute and iris, gently blended with warm sandalwood. Its base is made up of woody cashmeran, creamy vanilla, amber and musk notes."  Mmmm hmmm, yeah I get all that...  Basically it's a nice A/W fragrance that comes in a really cute little glass bottle.  I'll be popping that one in my handbag.

Nails Inc Kensington Caviar Top Coat:  I haven't yet tried this but I will be painting my nails later and will give it a go then.  I've heard pretty good things about this so I'm glad to give it a go.  I love Seche Vite though and have just ordered a new bottle, so I wonder if it can beat that...  

I really liked this months box and can see myself actually using all the products which is a plus.  It's so typical that GlossyBox brings out a box like this just as I'm debating cancelling my subscription.

Did you enjoy this months box? Are there any products you would purchase?



P.S. Just thought I would share what I thought about the September & October boxes. (Though I'm sure you've read a million now!)

September: 

Loved the box design so cute so was a bit disappointed to find it was ripped in places.. but ho hum. 
 Liked: 
Body Shop Vitamin E Moisture Cream: Used to use, liked the reminder, have repurchased. 
L'oreal Professional: I really liked the hair cream.  It really helps tame the frizz in my hair.
Rodial Glamoxy Snake Serum & 5 Minute Facial: Loved both especially the snake serum which really does work but way too expensive to repurchase.
Balance Me Wonder Eye Cream:  Smells nice and is pretty much all natural, which I like.

Disliked: 
Lady Gaga Fame Fragrance: Not nice, had tried it before the box came and when I saw it my heart sank. My friend likes it though.
L'oreal Professional: I didn't like the mousse but I think this is because I don't know how to use mousse. Answers on a postcard please.

 October:

Was a bit disappointed to only get four products this month.  I get the Dermalogica 3 step.. is a big sample, but I was still a bit put out.

Liked: 
Anatomicals Body Scrub:  It has a lovely grapefruit scent and is a really nice scrub.  Currently residing in my shower...
Yves Rocher Moisturising Cream Lipstick: I'm always a sucker for a new lipstick.  It's a classic bright red with a nice formula so you can't go wrong really.

Disliked: 
Skinetica Anti-Blemish: This just doesn't work for me. Nice idea though.
Dermalogica 3 step day & night kit: I didn't really like this product. I wasn't keen on the smell and didn't  find it did anything for me.


Wow! That was a post & a half...


9 comments :

  1. Hi Sarah,

    i found your blog through a blog hop and i am liking your blog :) keep up the good work! your doing great!

    http://zaras-bowsandpearls.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya,
      Thank you. I just checked out your blog and loved it. I am now following :) x

      Delete
  2. Huge Glossybox fan! great post!

    New follower, follow back?

    http://www.simplyblushed.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Just had a look at your blog and followed. :) X

      Delete
  3. Hey there, I just found you from the #bbloggers blog hop this week!

    Your layout is gorgeous, I'm glad I came across your blog! I had the same as you in September and November, I agree about the Dermalogica set but it's such a great item that I couldn't be pissed for too long!

    Consider yourself to have a new follower ;) let me know if you stop by my blog too!

    http://pretty-in-pink-blog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I'm still not keen on the Dermalogica set but I do love the exfoliator that came in last months set. I've had a look at your blog and loved it! So cute; followed! :) xx

      Delete
  4. I love the sound of that face cream I got a mango body butter in mine instead of that which I really am looking forward to use but would have liked both :)
    Love the look of your blog. I'm going to follow!

    nailthelook.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just seen you got the body butter too. Silly me for reading so fast through the November one because I've got it :) I got a BB cream instead I think.

      Delete
    2. Thank you. I'm jealous I really wanted to try the BB cream. The face cream is nice but a little strong for my sensitive skin but it does make a lovely hand cream! Just followed you too! :) xx

      Delete