Friday, 17 August 2012

Delicious Caviar... (Dupe Alert!)

Hiya, 

This post is waaay overdue... I've been meaning to do this for months but kept forgetting.  This does mean that I've missed the hype a bit but I like this so much I thought sod it I'll share it anyway.

With this in mind, I'm sure by now you have all heard about Ciate's Caviar Manicure nail polishes.  These lovely sets come in a few different colours, which include a colour nail polish and  bottle of pearl beads, designed to be worn together to create a 3D look.  When these sets first came out I completely fell in love with all of them but the price tag put me off a bit.  I am a complete nail polish fanatic and normally I don't think twice about purchasing a new bottle.  But I just couldn't justify the £18.00 especially as after some research I found that at best it would last only 24 hours.

Ciate Caviar Manicure in Rainbow.
   

With a little nosy around ebay you can easily find Micro Glass Beads in numerous colours for as little as £2.00 which are the perfect dupes for the pearl beads that come in the Ciate set.  What I like about these beads is that you can change the look just by changing the colour of polish you use underneath.  I've used pink for this post just to get the closest look to the Ciate set.  (Do make sure the beads you get have no holes in them, as this will ruin the look.)

Multi-Coloured Beads.

Barry M Pink Flamingo (305) & Beads.

The polish on its own.
 For a more day to day look I think it looks nice to just have the beads on an accent nail.

For a night out and a jazzier look I like to cover all the nails in the beads. 




Playing about with my beads... 

I absolutely love this look and whilst it doesn't last that long they are fun to play about with.  Plus I think they look great.  

Are you loving the Ciate nails? Have you found any good dupes lately? 


4 comments :

  1. LOVE these nails! I've been waiting to grow my nails to be able to do this.

    Newest follower btw, found you through the blog hop! x

    thisishearts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you.. Do it, they are fun to play about with..

    Following you now too. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mua now do these, available from superdrug and cost only a few pound:)

    Found you via bloghop. :)

    Lorna xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I was so excited when I saw them, but for some reason didn't buy them. I'll get round to it.

      I am now following you :) x

      Delete