Wednesday, 20 June 2012

Glossy Box: June

Hiya!

I was quite surprised when I was awoken yesterday morning by the delivery of this months Glossy Box.  It doesn't feel like that much time has passed since I received their May box, which made it a lovely morning surprise for a lovely day to follow.




Dermablend Ultra-Corrective Foundation.

Summer Warmth Bronzer.

Yves Rocher Mascara.

Agent Provocateur Eau Provocateur.
This months box follows the theme of 'sexy summer style' with products "covering your every summer beauty need".

Inside:

  • Glossy Box Serie Exclusiv Pro Beauty Brush:  This cute brush has the Glossy Box logo on it and is made with natural hairs.  I expected it to be a lot softer because of this but it is quite scratchy and feels quite cheap.  Which is a disappointment, considering it retails at £15 I would have expected it to be better.  I'll probably pop it in my bag and just use it on the go if I need to.
  • Yves Rocher France Mini Mascara ultra-volume Sexy Plump:  Having tried this mascara yesterday I can safely say this is one of the best products in the box.  It really made my eyelashes look thicker and I loved the brush.  This will be great to pop in any holiday make-up bag!
  • BM Beauty Summer Warmth Bronzer:  This is a lovely bronzer; it has a really silky texture and a golden colour.  My only worry would be that it is too dark for my skin tone.  When using this I'll probably have to use it sparingly and more on my shoulders and chest to give them a glow than on my face.  I would be tempted to buy it in a lighter colour or try their blushers instead.
  • Agent Provovateur Eue Provoateur:  I love little perfume samples and was quite pleased to see with this box I got three different perfumes to try.  Unfortunately I don't really like any of then but it is nice to try.  (I would try to describe how they smell for you but I'm so useless at it there's no point.)  My house mate has taken one of them and I'll do something with the other two I'm sure.  Easy come easy go I suppose.
  • Vichy Dermablend Ultra-Corrective Foundation Cream Stick:  This is another saviour of the box for me.  It has fantastic coverage and the little samples will work great as a concealer.  Being quite pale three of them will be pretty much useless but I'll find a tan friend to give them to or use them when I fake tan... The only downside to this product is I found it really highlighted any dray patches I had on my skin.  
I thought this was another good Box with the good products making up for the ones that were not so good.  Other boxes that I have seen have some really nice products that I probably would have preferred, but you can't win them all.

Hope you enjoyed this months box! 


No comments :

Post a Comment